Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Tomorrow at 9

Tomorrow morning I say goodbye to my husband and get on at Northwest Flight to Minneapolis. Imagine. I've never been to Minneapolis. I keep getting it mixed up with Milwaukee. I'm not sure if 40 minutes in the airport counts as a visit to a city - that's all I have.

I'm armed with a map of the place so hopefully I will make the connection to the second flight, KLM to Amsterdam. Finally, after a 4 hour layover I will be on a plane again to Johannesburg arriving there at 9:00 P.M. on Thursday - Joburg time, and noon Thursday, California time.

Its a long trip. As far away as one can get from Sacramento without treading water. I only go because that is where my grandchildren are growing up. As far as they are concerned, it is perfectly normal to grow up in South Africa. In fact, neither of them knows any differently.

Had someone told me years ago that I would have grandchildren in South Africa, I would never have believed it. Funny how life works out differently than you plan.

No comments: